Pages

Monday, February 25, 2008

Exploring Voicethread

Hi again,
EVO sessions are over but I'm still lurking behind.I still have tons of daily digests to read and digest:) in my mailbox. I 'm planning to go over them slowly whenever I find time. I'll comment on the tools I found useful in all three sessions I participated. I want to start with voicethread. To be honest, I wasn't so aware of some nice tools to record students' voices and create a discussion. In BAW we explored some other voicetools but the most impressive one is voicethread. It's very user-friendly both for the students and teachers.It doesn't take a lot of time to sign up.We did some acitivites about it both in BAW and Advanced Tips &Tricks and I loved voicethread .However, I needed to try it with my students so I created a voicethread about online advertising and embedded it to my new class wiki in order to see how my sts would think.They just loved it and it didn't take a lot for them to get used to it. I'm also planning to use some other new tools to see which ones are more suitable to my teaching context.I want to ask my readers some questions in the end of my post.
1-If you use voicethread or other voicetools how do you use them?
2-Do you know any other voicetools which have better features than voicethread?
3-Can you post some voicethreads or discussions that you created with your students?
(The one I created is embedded in my class wiki.You 'll find it if you can visit http://bahcesehirb1h.pbwiki.com/online+advertising
and leave your own comments there.
Looking forward to your ideas
Beyza

2 comments:

Ronaldo Lima Jr. said...

Hi Beyza!

I have two recent posts in my blog about voicehtread. Check them out:

http://ihopeitworks.blogspot.com/2008/02/voicethread-x-splashcast-x-qlipboard.html

and

http://ihopeitworks.blogspot.com/2008/03/voicethread-and-splashcast-my-own.html

Kind regards from Brazil!

Ronaldo

BeyzaY said...

Hi Ronaldo,
Thanks for commenting on my post and your voice message.My students loved it!I had a quizk look at your review about splashcast and voicethread.It's very informative.Although ,I haven't explored splashcast yet,I learned a lot about it from your post;)Let's keep blogging and interacting.

Best wishes
Beyza