Pages

Monday, February 4, 2008

Five things B4educators participants don't know about me

Hi again bloggers ,

I'm a little late again to post this assignment I guess.It was really nice to discover the importance of tagging and RSS feeds in week3 .In this post I'm going to mention five things that you don't know about me .

The first thing that will make you surprised is that I started to speak when I was only six months old.Not only my mother but also other people who know my childhood say this is true.They also note that I started to utter sentences instead of single words.I know this is unbeliavable but I remember as got older (when I was two),I started correcting everyone's grammatical mistakes.Maybe it was a sign to show that I had the potential to be a language teacher:))

The second thing that you probably don't know about me is also about my childhood.I was a really strange child.Instead of watching cartoons,I preferred watching news .Therefore I knew all of the prime ministers and presidents of almost all countries.I remember people asking me the names of some countries' prime ministers and presidents:))
The third thing that you guys don't know about me is that,I was really good at science and maths when I was an elementary and a high school student.Many people were surprised to have seen that I have chosen a different career rather than being a scientist.

Another thing that will surprise you is that I never wanted to be a teacher.Instead of being a teacher I wanted to study political science or international relations.Even when I was a sophomore I thought I could change my deparment and study something different.However,I liked teaching English when I was a junior (thanks to my professors) as it was a part of my teaching practicum.I really dicovered that teaching was the thing that I really wanted .I 'm really to happy to have changed my mind.I love teaching.

The last thing that will make you surprised is I'm addicted to sports.I think I can't live without doing sports.I used to play basketball,voleyball and swim. It's the way I get rid of my stress and worries and feel refreshed.I'm really into fitness these days .I go to the gym whenever I have free time .It's really hard as I have quite hectic schedule but impossible is nothing,if you really want to achieve something.

I hope you find the five things I mentioned about myself interesting :)I'm looking forward to reading your comments.Please keep my blog posted:)

Happy blogging &Best wishes
Beyza

4 comments:

testecarla said...

Dear Beyza,

Never too late!

I just loved to know more about you. In fact, it's such a neat way to find more about each other, and I can see great potential for this activity in the classroom!

Funny thing is we can always find things in common even coming from so different cultures. I also love sports and going to the gym. Besides, I graduated in International Affairs and wanted to be a diplomat, but teaching turned out to be my biggest passion, and here we are!

Keep sharing and interacting.

Patricia said...

QUITE A CHATTERBOX!!!!

And a very complete woman I should say.
Do you know what I wanted to be when I was a child?... An austronaut! But when I found out I had to study so much, I changed my mind. Becoming a teacher wasn't my second choice, though. First I thought of others careers like law. Today I say, thankgod I became a teacher, as I can't imagine myself doing anything different, I just love it!

Pato

Mary H said...

Hi Beyza,
What an amazing little girl you were! It was really interesting to learn about your childhood accomplishments and antics! Although I sometimes considered other career paths, I think I always knew I would become a teacher. And now we have the chance to meet many educators from around the world who are enthusiastic about teaching and learning just like us! Thanks for sharing ;)

Nina Liakos said...

You've shared some really interesting and unusual facts about yourself! Neat!